[Asterisk-Users] cmd Dial and listening for extensions

Ryan Parlee listbox at jesca.com
Wed Apr 14 00:05:42 MST 2004

Hello,

Is it possible to Dial and allow the caller to press an extension.  For
example, I want to do something like this:

[inbound-mycompany]
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,2,SetMusicOnHold(mycompany)
exten => s,3,Dial(SIP/1011,30,Ttm)
exten => s,4,VoiceMail(u101)
exten => s,5,Hangup
exten => s,104,Background(press-1-to-leave-a-message)
exten => s,105,Goto(inbound-mycompany,s,3)
exten => 1,1,VoiceMail(u101)
exten => 1,2,Hangup
exten => h,1,Hangup

So someone calls and they hear my OnHold music while it dialing...but, I
want them to be able to interrupt the dial by pressing 1 and go straight to
voicemail. Right now, pressing 1 doesn't do anything until asterisk gets to
the s,104,Background command, then while playing the message, if the caller
presses 1, they get voicemail...but if they wait a little too long, it goes
back to dialing and pressing 1 does nothing.

Can someone please help?

Thanks, Ryan