[Asterisk-Users] TE405P + Adit 600 and FXO module - should this work?

Darren Nickerson darren.nickerson at ifax.com
Thu Apr 15 22:29:37 MST 2004

Folks,

I'm experimenting with bringing multiple (8) analog lines from our local
telco into a Carrier Access ADIT 600 channel bank with an FXO module, then
having this talk to Asterisk via the T1 TDM controller on the ADIT and a
TE405P card.

I don't know if this will work well (ie: give me decent echo cancellation,
call disconnect supervision, caller ID etc) but I haven't had much luck
getting this combination flying at all thus far. Should it work?

I've been concentrating on the Adit T1 interface <----> TE405P connection
... and have the following in zapata.conf:

   span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs
   fxsks=1-24
   loadzone = us
   defaultzone=us

At the end of my zaptel.conf, I have:

   signalling=fxs_ks
   group=2
   callerid="Joe Schmoe" <(215) 555-1212>
   channel => 1-24

To get things flying, I do:

   modprobe zaptel
   modprobe wct4xxp

which causes the TE405P card to activate, but show a single flashing red
alarm on the configured span.

The Adit's TDM controller also displays a solid red LED. Here's its status:

   Adit 600> status a:1
   SLOT A:
   Status for DS1  1:
       Receive:                 Loss of Signal
       Transmit:                RAI/Yellow Alarm
       Loopback:                OFF

   Adit 600>

I'm not sure I have the DS1 configured appropriately. It says:

   Adit 600> show a:1
   SLOT A:
   Settings for DS1  1:
       Circuit ID:              CAC DS1# A:1
       Up/Down:                 UP
       Framing:                 ESF
       Line Coding:             B8ZS
       Line Build Out:          DSX-1 EQUALIZATION FOR 0-133 ft. (CSU 0dB)
       Loop Code Detection:     ON
       Loopback:                OFF
       FDL Type:                None

Can anyone familiar with the Adit 600 and/or TE405P see any obvious errors
here?

-Darren

--
Darren Nickerson