[Asterisk-Users] Re: MeetMe - new e and E flags?

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Thu Apr 15 12:55:46 MST 2004

In article <200404151328.46140.tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com>,
Tilghman Lesher <tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com> wrote:
> On Thursday 15 April 2004 03:01, Tony Mountifield wrote:
>
> > This all seems rather cumbersome, and I haven't had the chance to
> > experiment with this feature yet, so the above probably highlights
> > both (a) my lack of understanding, and (b) the lack of
> > documentation!
>
> If the feature doesn't make any sense to you, then don't use it.

I'd much rather be educated so that it does make sense to me.
Then I too might find it useful.

> For a customer of ours, though, it was necessary to have this feature.

Could you explain why? I'm sure that knowing why it was important
to them would help a lot in understanding (a) its purpose, and
(b) the correct way to use it.

I didn't know until you said so that it was you who implemented this
feature - please could I ask you to add something to the wiki about it?

> I would suggest actually trying out the feature a couple times, if
> your goal is to learn how to use it.

That's what I've been doing this evening, with not much success.

I have the following in extensions.conf:

exten => 4003,1,Answer
exten => 4003,2,Wait(1)
exten => 4003,3,MeetMe(|eMp)
exten => 4003,4,Hangup

exten => 4004,1,Answer
exten => 4004,2,Wait(1)
exten => 4004,3,MeetMe(|EMp)
exten => 4004,4,Hangup

And the following in meetme.conf:

conf => 1111
conf => 1234
conf => 2345,9938
conf => 3131
conf => 4242
conf => 5353
conf => 6464
conf => 7575
conf => 8686
conf => 9797

I observed exactly the same behaviour whether I dialled 4003 or 4004:

The first phone to dial was told I was in conference 1111, and then
received Music On Hold.

The second and subsequent phones to dial 4003 or 4004 just received
silence, not a new empty conference. No announcement, no MoH.

"sip show channels" showed a new channel that did not disappear on
hangup.

I suspect this is a bug of some sort, but it's possible I have just
done something wrong.

Cheers,
Tony
--