[Asterisk-Users] What's in a number? say.c internationalization!

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Apr 15 11:17:54 MST 2004

http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0001429

We need to architect a general structure for saying numbers in voices.
Say.c is broken as it is now and it needs to be changed.

If we work quickly, this can be sorted out and fixed to 1.1, if not
before that.

There's a number of separate patches in bugs that fixes one language
per patch, but no general structure. I would be perfectly satisfied
if Swedish worked, but I guess that there's other users out there
that need Danish, Polish, Portuguese, French and possibly other languages
like Chinese, Mandarin and Turkish. This is the time to add your
input :-)

We need to
* Design a general structure
* Create one unified patch that fixes the general solution
* Add patches that works with these for each syntax needed

This is easier to fix than it sounds, so roll up your sleeves and
join me in the bug tracker.

Please go to the bug tracker and add your comments, thought or solutions.
Coders welcome :-)

/O