[Asterisk-Users] [semi-OT] Channelbanks for european market / Alternatives

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Thu Apr 15 06:33:49 MST 2004

Tobias F. Leucht wrote:
> does anyone know if there are channelbanks homologated for the
> eruopean/german market, i.e. labeled with the socalled "CE certificate"?
>
> So far, I know that the products from Adtran (TA750 and TSU600) and
> Carrieraccess (Adit 600) are not CE-labeled, but I have no alternatives
> when it comes to terminating > 12 < 128 FXS ports.
>
> Or am I deadlocked in the idea that this has to be done via multiple
> E1/T1 trunks terminated to FXS by a channelbank? Are there other
> approaches imaginable?

If you are not connecting the channel bank to the telco, then you should
not need the Euro certification for telco stuff, just the certification
for EMI/RFI.  i.e. if you are connecting an E-1 into Asterisk on one
port of a 4 port Digium card, then you should be able to connect pretty
much any E-1 OR T-1 channel bank to another port of the card for your
FXS ports.