[Asterisk-Users] [semi-OT] Channelbanks for european market / Alternatives

Tobias F. Leucht asterisk at leucht.org
Thu Apr 15 06:19:19 MST 2004

Hello list,

does anyone know if there are channelbanks homologated for the
eruopean/german market, i.e. labeled with the socalled "CE certificate"?

So far, I know that the products from Adtran (TA750 and TSU600) and
Carrieraccess (Adit 600) are not CE-labeled, but I have no alternatives
when it comes to terminating > 12 < 128 FXS ports.

[It has been already discussed somewhere on the list: what number of
TDM40Bs in a box would you consider safe regarding the limitations
of the PCI bus / interrupts and the power supply? I have something like
maximum three cards in mind...]

Or am I deadlocked in the idea that this has to be done via multiple
E1/T1 trunks terminated to FXS by a channelbank? Are there other
approaches imaginable?

TIA,

Tobias F. Leucht