[Asterisk-Users] PBX <-> AST <-> AST <-> PBX

Ezequiel Golub egolub at dialdata.com.ar
Wed Apr 14 19:49:56 MST 2004

The complete diagram should be:

[Analog Phone]

        |    Std 2 wire phone cable

[Legacy PBX]

        |    Std 2 wire phone cable

[* PBX]

        |    Internet (AIX protocol?)

[* PBX]

        |    Std 2 wire phone cable

[Legacy PBX]

        |    Std 2 wire phone cable

[Analog Phone]

Basically what i want is to disturb as little as i can the existing client
infrastructure, by letting them keep their legacy PBX and just adding a new
box besides it.

What im not so sure about is what hardware i need for the * PBX, FXO or FXS
? after reading some more i assume that i need FXO, but id like someone who
knows more than me to confirm it. Once i get that info i will see about
ordering some cards and testing it out.

Thanks a lot people! im eager to try this out!

Eze.