[Asterisk-Users] PBX <-> AST <-> AST <-> PBX

C. Maj cmaj-SPAM at freedomcorpse.com
Wed Apr 14 17:50:48 MST 2004

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004, Ezequiel Golub waxed:

> Im trying to come up with a cost effective way to unite two PBX using VOIP.
> My idea is that since most companys here (Argentina) are not ready cough up
> the money to go to full-fledged VOIP, they might be willing to pay for a
> hybrid-solution: a kind of "point-to-point" line using VOIP, which let's
> them dial an extension on the other PBX.

This is *exactly* what Asterisk is for -- and a billion other things.

> Could someone please tell me that im not crazy or trying to reinvent the
> wheel ?

You are not crazy, nor are you really re-inventing the
wheel.  You would be crazy to not read a lot more on the
wiki and elsewhere before spending your money.

Your diagram could use a little work, since Asterisk==PBX.

Try this:

analog phones <-> */PBX <-> INTERNET <-> */PBX <-> analog phones

That's being done right now by lots of people.

--Chris

--
Chris Maj, Rochester
cmaj_at_freedomcorpse_dot_com