[Asterisk-Users] CND (CID) woe on a TDM400P

Wed Apr 14 01:11:44 MST 2004

On Wed, 2004-04-14 at 17:34, Vic Cross wrote:
> G'day list,
>
> It appears I got ahead of myself in believing I'd solved my CND (caller
> id) problem.  My callerid.c change got it working on one of the handsets I
> have, but not the other.  (Recap: The AU CND standard has an increased
> delay between the end of the ring signal and the start of the CND FSK data
> -- it's 500ms in US GR-30-CORE, and around 700ms in AU DC.002/TS030).
>
> I've manipulated this delay value in an attempt to come up with something
> that it likes, to no avail.
>
> This handset is a DORO 5045[1], and CND works fine when it's plugged into
> a telco line with CND enabled.  It also works fine when attached to an
> ATA-186 with the default Caller*ID settings for the US -- and this
> confuses me most of all.  Surely * and the ATA are generating the same CID
> data?

Interesting, I have a doro cordless phone at home... I'll try bringing
it into work tomorrow and hooking it up. As I mentioned, I only changed
the #define line, not the delay time in my asterisk. I know at one point
I did use this doro cordless and received callerid (at least the default
asterisk text showed up on it.

I'll take a look at what model mine is as well.... if they are the same,
then it would make testing easier!

Regards,
Adam