[Asterisk-Users] CND (CID) woe on a TDM400P

Vic Cross vicc at veejoe.com.au
Wed Apr 14 00:34:24 MST 2004

G'day list,

It appears I got ahead of myself in believing I'd solved my CND (caller
id) problem.  My callerid.c change got it working on one of the handsets I
have, but not the other.  (Recap: The AU CND standard has an increased
delay between the end of the ring signal and the start of the CND FSK data
-- it's 500ms in US GR-30-CORE, and around 700ms in AU DC.002/TS030).

I've manipulated this delay value in an attempt to come up with something
that it likes, to no avail.

This handset is a DORO 5045[1], and CND works fine when it's plugged into
a telco line with CND enabled.  It also works fine when attached to an
ATA-186 with the default Caller*ID settings for the US -- and this
confuses me most of all.  Surely * and the ATA are generating the same CID
data?

My latest theory is that the FSK waveform * generates is not being
transmitted at the regulation -13.5dBm, but attenuating the waveform does
not help[2].

Also, to rub salt into the wound, CW/CID works on this handset!

I'm almost at my wit's end with this.

If there is someone out there with a copy of the TS030 standard document
that they could summarise, I'd appreciate it (there's a summary of GR-30
at http://www.testmark.com/develop/tml_callerid_cnt.html that I've been
using to understand the process; something that compares TS030 to this
would be fantastic).  Otherwise, if anyone has any hints on getting CID to
work with various handset types, I'd really appreciate that as well.

Regards,
Vic Cross

[1] In a vicious stroke of irony, the handset that now works okay (after I
modified the CID start delay) is an Audioline FF895, manufactured by --
wait for it -- DORO!
[2] It would also help eliminate one possible red herring if someone could
say for sure if the transmit level is being set correctly for the FSK
waveform.