[Asterisk-Users] tcp/ip stack tweaks

Roger grunky at rockriver.net
Tue Apr 13 11:30:42 MST 2004

Scott Laird wrote:

> There shouldn't be much that needs tuned, unless your network is
> overloaded and dropping packets.  If that's happening, then you're
> going to need to dig in and take a look at QoS on Linux *and* on your
> switches and routers, but odds are that won't be a problem on most
> LANs.  I mean, even G.711 is only ~80 kbps (including overhead), so
> you should be able to run hundreds of simultaneous conversations on
> 100 Mbps Ethernet without running out of bandwidth.
>
> Are you having problems?  What are you seeing?

I just asked this question out of curiosity.  We're thinking about deploying this network wide, and besides QoS on routers and switches I've been looking into performance tweaks on the pbx box itself to get the most life out of it.

Once you get into enterprise situations the default settings are never good enough.

--
Rock River Internet                          Roger Grunkemeyer
202 W. State St, 8th Floor                grunky at rockriver.net
Rockford, IL 61101                                815-968-3888