[Asterisk-Users] X100P and NTL (ex Cable + Wireless)

Stephen Davies steve at daviesfam.org
Tue Apr 13 01:04:37 MST 2004

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004, Vic Cross wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Apr 2004, Stephen Davies wrote:
>
> > I did some work a while back to add detection of the UK busy/hangup
> > signal on the line, but I never got it working well enough to depend
> > on it.  The problem is that it is a single frequency tone.  (The US
> > one is dual-tone).  Women's voices used to sometimes trigger my
> > detector - causing hangups.
>
> I'm looking at the same thing now, for AU busy tone.  If there's some
> work-in-progress that you wouldn't mind releasing, I'd be keen to have a
> look.
>
> I think the problem with the current code (for us!) is the short length of
> time over which it tests for busy.  Extending this might help prevent
> voice-off.  It will be a balancing act though, as down here the ringing
> indication is the same frequency tone (and I'd rather not have my outgoing
> calls detected as busy when they are actually ringing).

Hi,

I did have my code test for the hangup tone over a longer
period.  This is the tough one as * has to listen all the time to the
call to watch out for it.

In the UK ringing and busy are different, which does make a
difference.

Anyway - I've sent my patch to you separately.  It may not apply to
current Asterisk, but hopefully will be useful anyway.

Steve