[Asterisk-Users] X100P and NTL (ex Cable + Wireless)

Vic Cross vicc at veejoe.com.au
Tue Apr 13 00:32:10 MST 2004

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004, Stephen Davies wrote:

> I did some work a while back to add detection of the UK busy/hangup
> signal on the line, but I never got it working well enough to depend
> on it.  The problem is that it is a single frequency tone.  (The US
> one is dual-tone).  Women's voices used to sometimes trigger my
> detector - causing hangups.

I'm looking at the same thing now, for AU busy tone.  If there's some
work-in-progress that you wouldn't mind releasing, I'd be keen to have a
look.

I think the problem with the current code (for us!) is the short length of
time over which it tests for busy.  Extending this might help prevent
voice-off.  It will be a balancing act though, as down here the ringing
indication is the same frequency tone (and I'd rather not have my outgoing
calls detected as busy when they are actually ringing).

Cheers,
Vic Cross