[Asterisk-Users] SIP Software video client

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Sun Apr 11 14:45:41 MST 2004

I haven't the time to test this out, and I've never had any luck with
Java apps of any type, but this looks interesting:

https://sip-communicator.dev.java.net/

for the truly foolhardy, go right to a browser launch (linux, windows
supported):

http://clarinet.u-strasbg.fr/sip-communicator/download/webstart/sip-communicator.jnlp

I tried with my Mac, and (amazingly!) the application launched, but
none of the menu items were selectable and I couldn't change or "do"
anything to the list of demo users in the presence list.  I don't
have the time to muck with it, but looks like something that would be
worthwhile to test out against Asterisk.

Perhaps someone can compile and reply to the list with their
experiences?  This looks pretty sharply written, and the fact I had
success with a Java app at all is a miracle, so maybe on a different
platform it works as expected.

JT