[Asterisk-Users] Newbie Issues => SIP won't stay connected, and IAX Unable to Create Channel

Robert Jackson RobertJ at promedicalinc.com
Sat Apr 10 21:35:30 MST 2004

Well, the stupidity just keeps on coming.  Thanks for all of your posts
I followed all of your advice and was able to resolve the problem.  As I
wrote in the first post I have been banging my head against this problem
for around 60 hours, until I finally gave up and decided to post.

The answer is a bit embarrassing as I should have checked this issue
within minutes if not hours of these problems cropping up.

Here goes: The IP address that the Network Admin gave me was being used.
DUH!!!!!

I was able to determine this from the arp -a and the ethereal packet
traces, and found that on a very irregular basis the packets would get
sent to the wrong system.  Obviously this explains all of the problems
that I experienced.

Again, I should have checked this as one of the very first things, but
for what ever reason I assumed that those most basic of configurations
was correct.  Wrong!

Sorry for the rabbit hole guys, but if I had not gotten these
suggestions from ya'll I would have been stuck at this point until I
just gave up.  (Or decided to shoot the damned thing, whichever came
first.)

Thanks again,

Robert Jackson