[Asterisk-Users] Newbie Issues => SIP won't stay connected, and IAX Unable to Create Channel

Greg Hill gregh-asterisk at hillnet.us
Sat Apr 10 19:17:13 MST 2004

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004, Robert Jackson wrote:

> Thanks for the info.  I am not sure how to disable iptables, but I will
> be scouring the net for the next couple of hours or so.  I simply
> couldn't believe that * was as unstable as it has been seeming.  At
> least now I know that I'm not crazy.  Rich, a previous poster, suggested
> the following path:

Hi Robert -

iptables -F
iptables -X

will flush all the rules from your iptables and then delete all the extra
chains. Don't worry, they'll be reloaded the next time you boot the
system.

Doing this will completely remove any firewalling that might be going on
(you could use iptables -L to look at the currently set rules). I don't
know whether the flush and delete commands will affect the NAT (network
address translation) table or not. But if this machine isn't doing NAT
for any other computers, then it won't matter.

I tried emailing you directly, but my MTA (exim) complained that your
domain name promedicalinc.com lists its mail exchange by IP. I'm no DNS
guru, but according to the error exim gave me, an MX record should have a
name (and then that name should be defined by an A or CNAME (?) record?).
Might wanna check on that.

Greg