[Asterisk-Users] 1.0_stable is or isn't? (Was: No ringing tone...)

Bob Klepfer bob at photon-x.com
Sat Apr 10 09:51:40 MST 2004

Brian Cuthie wrote:

>What version of the Asterisk code are you running? 1_0 stable is definitely
>broken wrt ringback, and the latest stuff seems really broken in all kinds
>of ways. After seeing that others were having similar problems, and that
>someone had solved many of them by rolling back to the CVS version from 3/5,
>I tried the same and things are working marvelously (well, mostly).

I've been swamped at work and heven't been able to keep up with the
version discussions or monitor asterisk-cvs closely.  Could you qualify
your statement above about 1-0_stable being broken?  I'm running 1.0
stable (CVS-03/20/04-22:33:52) here at work and have noticed faxing over
SIP much more stable, but a couple of momentary dropouts on outside
calls (GS bt101 -> x100p POTS), usually after silence in the conversation.

(I *have* noticed RAM almost completely filled, but no swap used...a
reboot freed a bunch and I think that fixed some issues.  We're a small
company and restarting * or rebooting the server isn't that big a deal.)

Bob