[Asterisk-Users] Latency and 'Scratchy' Voice...

Shad Mortazavi Shad.Mortazavi at nexusmgmt.com
Thu Apr 8 22:01:48 MST 2004

Dear All,

I have move from the USA to Sydney, Australia. I have gone from a data
center environment at work and cable at home to a 513k/128k ADSL line.

I'm experiencing two issues;

1) There is a latency of .5 - .8 seconds between me and the USA.
2) I have been in two calls where my voice has been describes as 'Scratchy'?

I'm using a SIP Phone from SJ Phone, and a Plantronics USB Headset. In my
Asterisk box I'm using the Quad T1 card.

Any tips on how I could get around these two issues? I can understand the
latency issue, what is contributing to the 'Scratchy' sound? I have not had
this issue in the 4 months of running the product.

Warm Regards and Thanks

Shad Mortazavi
Nexus Technical Manager
n|m Nexus Management Inc