[Asterisk-Users] Local Calling Area database?

Scott Laird scott at sigkill.org
Thu Apr 8 14:28:43 MST 2004

On Apr 8, 2004, at 1:34 PM, Ed Rubright wrote:

> Ok...I'll ask what may be a stupid question:
>
> How do you make this information useful in a dialplan?

Personally, I'm taking the same basic information and using it to
produce a dialplan that looks kind of like this:

   exten => _206200XXXX,1,Macro(dialanalogwithfallback)
   exten => _206202XXXX,1,Macro(dialanalogwithfallback)
   exten => _206203XXXX,1,Macro(dialanalogwithfallback)
   exten => _206204XXXX,1,Macro(dialanalogwithfallback)
   exten => _206205XXXX,1,Macro(dialanalogwithfallback)

   exten => _1888NXXXXXX,1,Macro(dialanalogwithfallback)
   exten => _888NXXXXXX,1,Macro(dialanalogwithfallback1)

   exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,1,Macro(dialnufonewithfallback1)
   exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,1,Macro(dialnufonewithfallback)

Basically, I grab all of the local areacode/prefix sets and send them
out my analog line, and then send everything else out NuFone.  The user
doesn't need to understand which numbers are local and which aren't,
they can just dial the 10-digit number with or without a '1' and the
cheapest thing will happen.

Scott