[Asterisk-Users] RE: Problems with ADIT 600 - latency, loss, etc

Ralph Forsythe rf-list at centerone.com
Thu Apr 8 12:05:03 MST 2004

Thanks for the input!

This morning we received an email from "carrier" saying that he was quite
sure the line was perfectly fine.  He saw a "few" drops but thought it was
related to something he called a "priority 4 queue" (which I believe is
carrier-speak for "I don't know").

When asked for clarification on what a few drops means, we came to learn
that they registered over *900* drops OVERNIGHT.  This is beyond
ridiculous and I am failing to understand how any competent technician
could consider that "perfectly fine" and "within operating specs".

I have asked for an end to end line test, and am of course getting a less
than enthusiastic response about this (which makes me wonder if they're
online reading the T-berd manual as I type this, or perhaps "T-1's For
Dummies").

Anyway it seems this is is not an ADIT problem anymore...  Hopefully they
get the hint here, otherwise another carrier may be getting a sales call
soon.

Thanks again,
Ralph