[Asterisk-Users] RE: Problems with ADIT 600 - latency, loss, etc

JR Richardson jr.richardson at cox.net
Wed Apr 7 20:03:24 MST 2004

Ralph,

My experience with the Adit (going on 3 years), it's a solid platform.  I've
also had one backed into * using MGCP to CMG card for a bit with great
success.

The thing you said about the bandwidth usage and call quality sucks for both
300KB and 1.5Meg is the clue to this problem being a layer 2 or layer 1
(physical) problem.  I would demand a T1 end-to-end, test set to test set
check.  If there are bipolar violations, check timing along the path, if CRC
errors check copper cross connects along the path.  Another common problem
with inexperienced communications companies is improperly provisioned
transport equipment, i.e. one leg of the ckt set to AMI and another leg set
to B8ZS, the path may still work but have errors.  Bottom line, escalate the
problem, if they want to keep your business, they'll get it fixed.

Good luck.

JR