[Asterisk-Users] Adding two FXO cards - not working

Hermann Wecke hermann at wecke.com
Thu Apr 8 09:10:08 MST 2004

I'm trying to add 2 FXO cards but when the second is added, asterisk stop
to respond (zap channel):

app_dial.c:545 dial_exec: Unable to create channel of type 'Zap'
modprobe zaptel and modprobe wcfxo didn't return any error.

ztcfg -vv is reporting only 1 card:
Zaptel Configuration
Channel map:
Channel 01: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 01)
1 channels configured.

Where I can find a "how to" about adding 2 cards to an * box?
(yes - I did change the zaptel.conf and zapata.conf, but I don't know if I
did it right). I also tried to find it using google but nothing came back.

*CLI> zap show channels
Chan Extension  Context         Language   MusicOnHold
   1            bell                       random