[Asterisk-Users] dreaded Caller*ID failed checksum

Jeremy Hall jeremyhall at mpccorp.com
Thu Apr 8 08:55:20 MST 2004

I had DSL at my old house, and am stuck using Cable at the moment as DSL
is not available.  But when at my old house, I had no noise problems
with the DSL filter (yes, filter, I installed it at the line entry point
and ran a separate unfiltered cable directly to the DSL modem.)  Either
Qwest lines are inherently noisy to the point that I couldn't hear a
difference, or my filter worked as it should.  I had no extra noise on
the line, caller ID worked fine.  I didn't have an Asterisk server then,
so I can't comment on that part of it.

If you are still hearing noise from the DSL, I suspect you have a bad
filter or batch of filters.  I have heard some instances where the
signal is strong enough that 2 or 3 filters in line were required to
filter the noise, and that could be your case as well.

Just my $.02 worth.

Jeremy