[Asterisk-Users] WAN Side Calling

Paul Tyreman paul at tyreman.org.uk
Thu Apr 8 02:06:19 MST 2004

Hi,

I am new to Asterisk, but I have to say it's an amazing peice of software.

What I want to do is to be able to call other members of my family over our broadband conenctions (so that we don't have to pay huge phone bills anymore).

We are both behind standard (NOT SIP aware) routers, so I would like to know if this is possible ?

I want people external to my LAN to be able to use my server, as I want to specify the number they get.

Is this possible and if so, what ports do I need to open at (1) The Server Side and (2) The Client Sides ?

Thanks in advance.

Paul.