[Asterisk-Users] Siemens EWSD 13

Storer, Darren starusers at comgate.tv
Wed Apr 7 16:32:22 MST 2004

Hi,

I had exactly the same symptoms today with a co-located * connected to a
Public Switch here in the UK. The problem was solved by insisting that the
Telco turned on CRC4 at their end and then, after an 'init 6', layer two
settled down on both systems.

I was taught that if you are connecting to a full specification Q.931
circuit, CRC4 should be enabled by default; in the event that one end does
not support CRC4 the other end should auto-negotiate back and the circuit
should still align without problems. Having said all of this I have yet to
see auto-negotiation of CRC4 on any equipment (Public Network or CPE) and
suspect that I was not told the truth in the first place...

Selection of CRC4 seems to be random from Telco to Telco even on an install
by install basis within the same Carrier. It's the first thing to check when
new kit appears to be unstable..

HTH

Darren
--