[Asterisk-Users] Dial-In/Out Modem Zap Channel Config. Adtran 750

Bisker, Scott (7805) sbisker at harvardgrp.com
Wed Apr 7 07:08:15 MST 2004

I've been trying to get a Win 2000 RAS server working with my asterisk PBX for quite some time, to no avail.  I've googled, I've tried loads of configurations, I've rewired phone lines, and still I am not winning the battle.

Here's my config.

PRI->T400P->Asterisk->T400P->Adtran 750(L36 Firmware)->RAS Server.

I have 4 Zap channels signalled FXO_KS to the 750 with FXS_LS channels, On-Hook messaging disabled, the rest defaults for the channels.  In zapata.conf I've tried with both busydetect=>yes and busydetect=>no.... busycount=>6, busycount=>10, callprogress=>yes, callprogress=>no all combinations.

The weird thing is, that if I forward the incoming call from the PRI out another channel on the PRI into a POTS line hooked into the RAS server, the connection is fine.  In my view, that rules out the PRI and points the blame at either how the adtran is configured, or the how the channel itself is configured.

Can anyone with a _working_ configuration similar to this chime in with some config info on the Zap channel and the channel bank config?

Thanks in advance.

-sb