[Asterisk-Users] res_motv: Request for Comment

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed Apr 7 02:33:16 MST 2004

Interesting idea, but needs some refinement...

Very few Asterisk installations are alike. I have a couple of FreeBSD asterisk
installations without any zaptel stuff, without ISDN, without MGCP, Skinny and
a lot of other modules stripped out. If any of those modules have a MAJOR bug,
it's not my problem.

However on the Linux-based Asterisk I have in other installations, a MAJOR bug in
zap or libpri would be a cause of concern.

So we need to ship a reply from the service informing the installation of
what modules and which versions of those modules are having a problem.

And in some cases, combinations of modules that may cause problems...

It needs an architecture and coders of both the client and the server.
After that, a system to make decisions based on bug reports that sets the flags.

Even though this is not a simple task, I agree that it would be useful as
more and more Asterisks is installed in mission-critical environments.

Just my 10 cents...
/O