[Asterisk-Users] res_motv: Request for Comment

Florian Overkamp florian at obsimref.com
Tue Apr 6 23:53:20 MST 2004

Hi,

Sounds like a nice feature. Things to consider:

- What if someone has their own development tree to work with - the 'call
home server' should be configurable ?
- As a security consideration, sending the local version might not be wise -
what if the call home server is being dns-spoofed ? An intruder might get
relevant version info... Downloading a changes matrix might be wise (maybe
related to 'last time checked' rather than version)

Florian