[Asterisk-Users] Problems with IAX2?

Andres andres at telesip.net
Tue Apr 6 19:32:52 MST 2004

> Have you tried updating your asterisk box?   There has been some
> significant developments with Asterisk lately and I absolutely cannot
> duplicate any audio problems on many different Internet connections
> that I have access to.
>
> It's funny you didn't bother complaining to us directly instead of the
> list.

Hi Jeremy,

We don't like to vent our problems out in the open, but you and Greg are
well aware of the issues we have been having.  We opened a support
ticket with you 2 weeks ago (it's number #615).  And we added our
testing info to bug:
http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0001220  which revealed
the root cause of the problem.  We have been updating the code on our
servers almost daily for the last 2 weeks now.  (deleting all sources
and doing fresh checkouts as well)

We will not put blame on Nufone for not providing adequete jitter
buffer.  We know that with under 4ms of jitter, Nufones quality is
superb.  But as that jitter increases, the audio quality degrades to the
point where it is unusable.  You certainly don't have to do this.  But
there are other providers who do implement ample jitter buffers which
work quite well with our international customers.  Nufone's rates are
extremely attractive and thats why we have been working hard at trying
to figure out whats wrong.  But jitter is completely beyond our control.

Regards,
Andres.