[Asterisk-Users] voicemail-hangup issue

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Tue Apr 6 15:53:35 MST 2004

> I have a small * installation with 2 incomming analog lines connected to 2
> X100P's, and several SIP phones.
>
> With the most recent update (cvs-04/01/04), I have started to see a problem.
>
> If someone is connected to voicemail, and hangs up without leaving a message
> (the problem does not occur if a message is left),
> asterisk does not register the hangup. The zaptel channel is then left open
> indefinatly.  The end result is that both of the incomming analog lines
> become tied up, and callers get a busy signal.
>
> The problem does not seem to occur if the x100p caller hangs up at any other
> point durring a call.
>
> Does anyone know what this could be?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Others have commented about this same problem recently, and apparently its
associated with a bug that was introduced in the zap channel. I'm running
the same config with cvs from this morning, and I've not seen the problem
today at all. (My previous update was about a month ago, and it wasn't present
at that time.)

As sort of a temp fix, you can add a parameter to the voicemail.conf to
limit the voicemail duration before dumping the call.

Rich