[Asterisk-Users] HELP! - weird 7960 problem - phone goes nuts - display flashes - phone reboots

Paul Mahler pmahler at signate.com
Tue Apr 6 12:47:35 MST 2004

I have a strange problem rolling through my 7960 phones.

One or more of the phones goes crazy when the first digit is dialed. The
display flashes repeatedly, the phone does a bunch of stuff, sometimes it
even reboots.

It's not the powered switch, the same thing happens with a different
unpowered switch.

It's not the phone, the problem moves from phone to phone. If it's happening
to a phone and I restart everything, when everything is back up a different
phone will have the problem.

has anyone seen this?

Thanks!

Paul