[Asterisk-Users] Re: X-Lite -> Asterisk: Cannot transmit Audio

Matthias Cramer cramer at dolphins.ch
Tue Apr 6 01:55:37 MST 2004

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 09:52:58 -0500
"Robert Jackson" <RobertJ at promedicalinc.com> wrote:

> I am just an Asterisk newbie doing a test install.  I am using 2 X-Lite
> clients and have configured them according to the wiki on voip-info.  A
> warning is still displayed on the Asterisk server console saying that I
> should disable RFC3389 on the client, even after I changed the Transmit
> Silence to yes.  I am able to connect and call the other client, but
> when I do no audio is being transmitted by either client.  I have
> verified that audio can be received by calling voice mail and I can hear
> all of the prompts.  But when I leave a message it always end up blank.
> I also verified that audio can be recorded via a simple sound recorder.
> I believe that this is a problem with the X-Lite not Asterisk, but I am
> not sure.  Your help is greatly appreciated.

I had similar problems Btween X-Lite and a Cisco Phone. I could resolv it by putting

disallow=all
allow=alaw

Intoto the sip config of the according X-Lite client

Hope it helps

  Matthias

--
     _;\_    Matthias Cramer / mc322-ripe   System & Network Manager
    /_.  \   Dolphins Network Systems AG    Phone +41-44-847'45'45
   |/ -\ .)  Libernstrasse 24               Fax   +41-44-847'45'49
 -'^`-   \;  CH-8112 Otelfingen             http://www.dolphins.ch/
FWD# 278125
SIP: cramer at pbx.dolphins.ch
GnuPG 1024D/2D208250 = DBC6 65B6 7083 1029 781E  3959 B62F DF1C 2D20 8250