[Asterisk-Users] X-Lite -> Asterisk: Cannot transmit Audio

Robert Jackson RobertJ at promedicalinc.com
Fri Apr 2 07:52:58 MST 2004

I am just an Asterisk newbie doing a test install.  I am using 2 X-Lite
clients and have configured them according to the wiki on voip-info.  A
warning is still displayed on the Asterisk server console saying that I
should disable RFC3389 on the client, even after I changed the Transmit
Silence to yes.  I am able to connect and call the other client, but
when I do no audio is being transmitted by either client.  I have
verified that audio can be received by calling voice mail and I can hear
all of the prompts.  But when I leave a message it always end up blank.
I also verified that audio can be recorded via a simple sound recorder.
I believe that this is a problem with the X-Lite not Asterisk, but I am
not sure.  Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert