[Asterisk-Users] Disambiguating incoming IAXTel calls

Vic Cross vicc at veejoe.com.au
Tue Apr 6 00:08:24 MST 2004

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004, Brian Cuthie wrote:

> I have two 1-700 numbers from IAXTel. Both get registered from the same
> Asterisk server. I can make and receive calls on each without any
> difficulty. What I can't figure out how to do is route the incoming calls
> differently based on which 1-700 number is dialed.

You should have two "type=user" entries in your iax.conf, one for each
account.  Make sure each one specifies a different context, and set up
extensions.conf appropriately.

Note that I have not done this myself, and there was mailing list
discussion on this topic in the last couple of months.  Hit the archives
for more information.

Cheers,
Vic Cross