[Asterisk-Users] IAX2 Trunking - Out of trunk data space on call number 16384, dropping

Chris A. Icide chris at netgeeks.net
Mon Apr 5 22:41:39 MST 2004

Has anyone else seen this trunking problem?

I have two asterisk boxes, both on the same physical network inside the
same subnet.

The are both configured to communicate with each other via IAX2.

If I leave trunking off, there is no problem at all.  The two systems
communicate perfectly, sound quality is excellent.

However when I configure both for IAX2 trunking, the first 5 seconds of any
call is very broken, and the consoles report the following messages:

Asterisk box 1:

WARNING[1275636528]: chan_iax2.c:2515 iax2_send: Out of trunk data space on
call number 16384, dropping

Asterisk box 2:

Difference is 2072, ms is 279
Difference is 3392, ms is 444
...... about 7 or so of these messages.

after 5 seconds or so, everything clears up and the communication is fine.

Box 1 has two X101P cards in it, box 2 is using ztdummy.

-Chris