[Asterisk-Users] Auto connect to voicemail

Scott Laird scott at sigkill.org
Mon Apr 5 16:02:20 MST 2004

On Apr 5, 2004, at 3:53 PM, Mark Hagler wrote:

> What do you do when $CALLERIDNUM of the caller isn’t the 4-digit
> extension?    I set all of my users Caller ID entries to their
> 10-digit phone # so that Caller ID appears correctly when I send their
> call out the PRI to the public network.    The side effect of this is
> breaking convenient access to voicemail using this method, and I
> haven’t found a way to fix it yet.

Use the database.

  exten => 1000,1,Answer,1
  exten => 1000,2,Wait,1
  exten => 1000,3,DBGet(MYEXTEN=extension/#{CALLERIDNUM})
  exten => 1000,4,Voicemailmain(s${MYEXTEN}@default)

Then populate the DB via the asterisk CLI:

  database put extension 1234567890 5432

This maps the phone with caller ID 1234567890 to extension 5432.

Scott