[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk on FreeBSD

Richard Airlie richard at darq.net
Mon Apr 5 05:27:48 MST 2004

Hello,
Asterisk in FreeBSD ports is currently FORBIDDEN due to security issues
raised in pwlib (H323). As I just want to test Asterisk internally at
this point I commented out the FORBIDDENs and compiled it with no problems.

Unfortunately though, I can't seem to get any SIP softphones to register
with Asterisk. I have tried SJPhone on Windows and KPhone and Linphone
under FreeBSD. At the Asterisk console I've turned the sip debug on, but
don't see anything at all. (no SIP traffic).

I have followed the quickstart quide and configured things in sip.conf, but
with no success. At this stage, and someone please confirm that Asterisk is
really working on FreeBSD ? :)

The version I installed is 0.7.2, running on FreeBSD 4.7.

many thanks,
Richard