[Asterisk-Users] Please help

Marcias Martinez martinez at aei.ca
Sun Apr 4 02:28:11 MST 2004

Hi Guys,

My name is Marcias, and I am setting up for the first time an Asterisk PBX, I am learning as I go along. I have been able to download and install Asterisk, Libpri and I have been able to get Asterisk up and running. I have several questions:

1 .I can call the Asterisk server from my Xten phone and it picks up. I have 3 computers (one of them being the asterisk server) I can seem to call from one computer to the other through the Asterisk server (All this is local within my network) but as soon as I pick up I cant hear anything on the other side. ANy ideas of whay this would be happening?

2. On another note, I have a website that Steve, was kind enough to re-direct me to. www.onlamp.com/lpt/a/3956 . Very nice website on how to setup everything, but it states that I am supposed to have an addmailbox script under /usr/src/asterisk. I don't seem to have this?

So when I call in to listen to the voice mail that i have left I get the server informing me that I have voicemail, but I can't seem to listen to them.  So I am not sure if I am missing something in the setup of the voicemail.

3. My next step is to learn how to change the welcome greetings and and then eventually how to hook up my server to another server or to hook a FWD number to it?

Thanks for your help in advance,

Marcias
email: martinez at aei.ca
FWD: 260032