[Asterisk-Users] Ztdummy - is it requirement?

Marko Rakar Marko at printel.hr
Sun Apr 4 01:11:30 MST 2004

My asterisk is located on 100mbit switched network (HP procurve 2524
switches); on asterisk server itself there is no sound hardware. I have
installed single hisax ISDN BRI adapter which is connected to my PBX.

As for clients, I use mediatrix FXS units with SIP protocol.

One of the mediatrix units is located on local LAN, second one on our
second location which is connected with 2mbit link. Same thing happens
with both devices.

Asterisk behaves the same in all circumstances; wheter I call from
mediatrix to ISDN or from ISDN to mediatrix (does not matter which
device) sound coming from mediatrix will be OK but sound going to
mediatrix is either choppy, noisy or completely cut-off. I have made all
adjustments on mediatrix which seemed possible (including turning
silence supression off, turning VAD off and playing with a lot of other
stuff). I do no know how (if at all possible) is to turn silence
supression on asterisk/hisax device. I have checked interrupts, changed
card position, reinstalled linux/asterisk.

Interesting is that when I work with echo test from either mediatrix
unit or from isdn it works perfectly. If I talk from mediatrix to
mediatrix it is also OK, If I route call from one ISDN B channel to
another it is also OK.

So I was thinking that maybe there is problem with RTP stream to
mediatrix from my ISDN card and this might be related to the fact that
there is no zaptel hardware which gives clock information to RTP. (I
have installed ztdummy in the meantime but since I am alone in the
office it is a little hard to make a call :)

----
Sometimes you're the bug, sometimes you're the windshield.

mailto:marko at printel.hr
http://printel.hr