[Asterisk-Users] Welltech FXO: initial tests

Jorge Mendoza mendoza at tcc.com.pe
Fri Apr 2 09:13:35 MST 2004

Hi,

After a long way of problems (shipping, customs, etc) finally I got
Welltech working. Here below my comments.

- The documentation is poor and have errors
- The web configuration is not complete. However is useful for the basic
configuration parameters. The command line is necessary for modify all
parameters.
- The software upgrade is easy. Initially the gw came with H323, we
upgrade to SIP.
- We have tested only one port, it works well, audio quality is good (alaw).
- Outgoing and incoming calls are working ok.
- The Caller ID (from PSTN side) does not work
- Answer supervision (reversal polarity detection) seems to work fine.
This feature is very important to us, is the first time that we found
this feature in a analog CO trunk. In a test application where we play a
voice message to the called user, the message start to play just after
answer. Tested with wire phone and cell phones.
- Disconnect tone seems reliable (although the default configuration was
not adjusted).

We have done dozen of test in order to get the gw working. During the
tests two issues came up, they need further analysis and tests:
- Two times a UDP packages loop between the gw and * saturated the
bandwidth after a hung up. Rebooting the gw does not stop the loop. Even
with the gw turn off, * was sending the packages.Only rebooting * turn
the system normal.
- The gw port stay locked after a hung up. Apparently due to a no
detection of the disconnect tone (in this case the tests were carried
out with a PABX without disconnect tone). But the * user (SIP) was hung
up and it seems that there are not a release timer.

We will continue the tests and test the Welltech technical support as
well (no required until now).

Jorge