[Asterisk-Users] PRI integration with Marconi switch

Scott Stingel scott at evtmedia.com
Thu Apr 1 14:32:37 MST 2004

Hello-

Has anyone had experience connecting to a Marconi switch (in the UK) using
E1-PRI connections (TE410P)?  In a new installation, my customer is getting
yellow alarms on every channel about every 30 seconds.  These alarms clear
themselves immediately and then re-occur in another 30 seconds, ad
infinitum.

I used the same configuration that I've used successfully in the past while
talking to a Nortel DMS100 (except parameter "switchtype").   Can't get this
problem to go away - maybe they have a cable problem??

CVS from about a week ago.

Here's a summary of the configuration:

zaptel.conf:
span=1,0,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4     (also tried sourcing the clock, and different
buildouts - no diff)
span=2,0,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
span=3,0,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
span=4,0,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
loadzone = uk
defaultzone=uk

zapata.conf (excerpt only):
;switchtype=national          (tried all these switch types)
switchtype=EuroISDN
;switchtype=dms100

pridialplan=unknown
context=incoming
usecallerid=yes
group=1

signalling=pri_cpe
channel => 1-15,17-31
channel => 32-46,48-62
channel => 63-77,79-93
channel => 94-108,110-124

Thanks for any help from someone familiar with the Marconi...

Scott M. Stingel
Emerging Voice Technology Inc.
Palo Alto, California and London, England

Email:          scott "at" evtmedia.com