[Asterisk-Users] Dialing PIN from console

Eric Stanley barnabas at knicknack.net
Thu Apr 1 14:29:30 MST 2004

I have a regular conference call that I usually listen to and record, but
there are times when I can't be near an asterisk connected phone to call.  In
those cases I'd like to place the call from the CLI and have it record
automatically.

The problem I'm having is that once the call is connected, I need to dial a
PIN number to connect to the conference.

I've tried setting up an extenion that does something like
	exten => 1,1,Dial(<number>/<techonology>|30)
	exten => 1,2,Wait(8)
	exten => 1,3,SendDTMF(1235)
but apparently Dial does not return until the call terminates.

I also thought about dialing from the command line
	asterisk -r -x "Dial <number>@context"
	sleep(8)
and then doing something like "play -d /dev/dsp pin.gsm", but it seems like a
fair amount of work to create pin.gsm and I don't know whether that'd work.

Anyone have any ideas?

TIA,

Eric