[Asterisk-Users] Anyone has a working * with E1 in Mexico E1 R2 modified?

Carlos Chavez cursor at corplacer.com
Thu Apr 1 09:34:38 MST 2004

On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 05:51:15 +0000, Miguel Cavazos wrote
> Yes it works with normal digium hardware
>
> Miguel
> On Thu, 2004-04-01 at 08:51, Otto Krumm wrote:
> >             I was wondering if anyone has setup an * connected to E1
> > in Mexico?, what card would you recomend and do you have some info,
> > examples or everythig else... or for instance this setup works?

     I have spoken with two different telephone companies in Mexico City
(Telmex and Avantel) and they both support ISDN signalling on E1.  Digium
hardware does not support R2 so you cannot use the regular service they offer.
 When talking to Telmex you have to ask for their Video Conference service
which is where they use ISDN instead of R2.

--
Carlos Chavez
Computer Engineer, CCNA