[Asterisk-Users] Linphone connecting to default Asterisk Samples

Glen Gray glen at lincor.com
Thu Apr 1 06:58:11 MST 2004

Hey Guys,

I've setup Asterisk on a PC here in the office. I installed the sample
configs.

With a the sound card connected to some speakers and launching asterisk
with the "-vvvc" command line, I can issue the "dial" command and hear
the playback of the recorded message.

When connecting to the asterisk server from my PC using Linphone I
connect to 500 at hostname. The problem here is that I am hearing playback
of something but is completely garbled.

Has anyone got any pointers to what could be the problem here. Could it
be Linphone's sip implementation ? I've not tried with any other
softphone for linux, yet.
--
Glen Gray <glen at lincor.com>                             17 Dame Court
Senior Software Engineer                            Dublin 2, Ireland