[Asterisk-Users] can't load x100p card

Lee Goodman lee.goodman at comcast.net
Tue Sep 30 13:05:44 MST 2003

Ok, I have 2 PC's that are identical. I loaded Redhat9 on the first and
Asterisk and installed a x100p card and it works fine. I ghost the first PC
and install the ghost on the second PC. Everything comes up on the 2nd PC
but I can't get it's x100p card to load. The systems sees the card, it's on
interrupt 11. It shows up in /proc/pci and /etc/sysconfig/hwconf and lspci
shows it there, but modprobe wcfxo fails (yes modprobe zaptel works). The
2nd PC should be  a duplicate of the first

[root at defiant sbin]# ./modprobe zaptel
[root at defiant sbin]# ./modprobe wcfxo
/lib/modules/2.4.20-19.9/misc/wcfxo.o: init_module: No such device
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including
invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
      You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg
/lib/modules/2.4.20-19.9/misc/wcfxo.o: insmod
/lib/modules/2.4.20-19.9/misc/wcfxo.o failed
/lib/modules/2.4.20-19.9/misc/wcfxo.o: insmod wcfxo failed
[root at defiant sbin]#

Note, the reason for the ghost to the 2nd PC , is that it's CD drive is
broken and I don't want to fix it. The reason for 2 identical PC's is that I
want one for day to day use and one to test and develop on.

Thanks
Lee Goodman