[Asterisk-Users] * not logging CDR to MySQL - anyway I can debug this?

Leif Madsen leif at radiokaos.com
Tue Sep 30 10:43:05 MST 2003

Tilghman Lesher wrote:

> Try uncommenting the line in /etc/asterisk/logger.conf.  Restart your
> Asterisk process, try a few calls and do the above command again.

Aha!  You've helped me solve a problem which I didn't realize existed :)

In an attempt to try to get into the habit of following up conversations
with how it was fixed (as opposed to just saying, "Thanks, it worked"),
here is what I ended up doing:

logger.conf was incorrectly setup, for some reason in the moving of
files around on my system, my logger.conf file was over-written with
manager.conf, hence why I was not getting any logging.  Fixed that by
using this configuration:

; logger.conf
[logfiles]
debug => debug
console => notice,warning,error,debug
messages => notice,warning,error,debug

Once that was placed and * restarted, it generated log files (how 'bout
that?).  Doing a 'grep cdr_mysql /var/log/asterisk/messages' returned:

Sep 30 13:31:51 WARNING[1074406560]: File config.c, Line 537
(cfg_process): parse error: No category context for line 14 of
cdr_mysql.conf
Sep 30 13:31:51 WARNING[1074406560]: File cdr_addon_mysql.c, Line 192
(my_load_module): Unable to load config for mysql CDR's: cdr_mysql.conf

Leading my to look at my cdr_mysql.conf file a little more closely at
the context name, and lo-and-behold, there was a pesky little semi-colon
in front of [global], removing that allowed the database to log, which
was verified with a select * statement and now astcdr.php works (to be
renamed astweb I believe)

;cdr_mysql.conf
[global]
hostname=localhost