[Asterisk-Users] OT: Posting Styles (WAS: Google newsgroup or Forum setup.)

Troy Settle troy at psknet.com
Tue Sep 30 09:38:14 MST 2003

My posting style changes from thread to thread and even message to
message.  It depends entirely on the material I'm responding to.  If I'm
the first respondant, I'll top-post or go inline.  In this case, we're
discussing a general idea so it doesn't make a huge difference IMO.  In
some cases, there are several individual ideas and/or points that need
responded to, so I break up the original and respond inline with the
quoted material.  In other cases, like this one, the (sub)thread is
going with bottom posting, so I follow suit.

FWIW, if you search for my name, you'll see thousands of posts over the
last decade, and while I could be mistaken, I don't believe I've ever
been flamed for my posting style.  I also believe that this is the first
time that I've ever even responded to a complaint about top/bottom
posting.

The one thing that does drive me crazy, is when people reply to a
thread, and neglect to quote anything of what they're responding to, and
you can never tell who or what their remarks are regarding.

BTW, your line wrap seems to be a little too long, but I wouldn't swear
to it, as Outlook sometimes does funny things when quoting.

Ciao,

--
  Troy Settle
  Pulaski Networks