[Asterisk-Users] Google newsgroup or Forum setup.

Keith O'Brien keith at voipreviews.com
Mon Sep 29 21:25:30 MST 2003

I think that you missed my point.  I am not proposing to establish a forum
and abolish the maillist.

The forum would get traffic as all posts sent to the maillist would
automatically post to the forum.  Those that want to answer using the forum
can do so and it would forward to the list.

If the forum fails, the maillist is running in parallel and would still be
active so we would be back where we are today.   While the newsgroup option
is an option, I'd agree this isn't the best avenue due to spam abuse.

I realize that your needs may not require a forum, which is fine.  And for
those like you things would proceed as is without changes.  For those that
have other needs would have another option.

Keith