[Asterisk-Users] CDR Web Search Frontend

Dave Packham dave.packham at utah.edu
Tue Sep 30 07:08:47 MST 2003

I can add stuff to the phpconfig CVS dirs if anyone wants to contrib stuff.    keep it all in one dir etc....

phpconfig can run SSL and yes its a easy way to "vi" the files directly but it does give your options that "vi" does not.... like click on a context and see extensions within that context.   jump from config to config etc....   its a framework to get people thinking about abbing a web interface to *.

Dave

aka
p0lar

Dave Packham
University of Utah NetCom
Manager R&D
D.S.O.
University Incident Response Team

c. 712.0364 at 801
w. 587.0907 at 801
FWD. 20223
Dave.Packham at Utah.edu

ICQ#:45818442
Current ICQ status:
45818442 at pager.icq.com
SMS: (Send an SMS message to my ICQ): +278314245818442
FWD is http://fwd.pulver.com
More ways to contact me: http://wwp.icq.com/45818442

Our Groups Website
http://rads.netcom.utah.edu

Directions to our Building
http://www.map.utah.edu/umaplink/0893.html

>>> pj at cassens.com 9/30/2003 7:50:55 AM >>>
Comments inline:

On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 07:38:07AM +0100, WipeOut wrote:
> Mark Evans wrote:
>
> >>I think we're getting away from the original purpose of this program.
> >>Are people really that desparate for a full, web-based admin/user
> >>interface?
> >>

> >I sure am, I want to give as much control as I can for basic tasks
> >to my customer who may not even know what Linux is :)
> >
> >Regards
> >
> >Mark
> >

> So it sounds like we need to combine everyones thoughts into a feature
> list of some sort..
>
> To me it sounds like we have talked about the following..
>
> * PHP based
> * Database Independent (Initially MySQL and PGSQL)
> * CDR Viewing (real time view of last 20 (filterable by
> src/dst/accountcode etc..) CDR entries)
> * CDR Reporting (per user/company/line, Somthing like the itemised
> billing from a telco, User Accessable)

Do you want everyone to know where everyone is calling? I could see mgmt/owners having an issue with this in a normal business environment! Look Mr. Gate$ at extention 666 made 500 calls to Mr Devil last week, I wonder what deals they are making ;)

> * Asterisk Management (initially based on PHPconfig)

Doesn't this just display the config files for editing? I wouldn't want to put this as an internet reachable service without https. Heck if I'm just editing a file, why not just vi/vim/emacs/your-fav-editor from an ssh session ( lots of java ssh applets for this/ ssh clients )?

User Self Service would seem to mean replacing the PHPconfig anyway...

> * User Self Service (Ability to change VM password, Maybe even SIP
> password, Advanded features in the future could be things like call
> forwarding setup or a facility where the user could sit down in front of
> any phone and "map" his extension to the phone on the desk in front of
> him like hot desks in an office)

Make sure to think about limits for call forwarding. Should I be able to forward to a number in some other country?

Authentication/Authorization is a tough slippery slope... LDAP, NIS, NIS+, flatfile, database you get the picture.

You may want to think about Webadmin as a control frontend and build with that in mind...

Maybe CDR exports from the GUI (csv)?
In GUI Archiving mechanism for "old" records? ( record retention policy )