[Asterisk-Users] TDM400P > BT

WipeOut wipe_out at lycos.co.uk
Tue Sep 30 02:58:50 MST 2003

Matthew J Keay wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've found this thread in the archives and am currently planning to
>connect my digium kit to a BT landline and also connect a normal UK
>phone respectively. I've seen a couple of people asking about it but not
>the answers.
>
>My question is - do I need a modtap (listed at maplin.co.uk as BT to
>RJ45 adapters) full master with line protection, pabx master without
>line protection or a pabx slave socket. --or-- can I just use a
>straight-thru rj11 cable for the handset and a straight-thru rj11<>bt
>modem cable for the line?
>
>Matthew

I used a normal modem cable to connect from the X100P to the BT socket..

I don't have a TDM400P card but I don't see why you cant use a normal
RJ11 to RJ11 cable to connect the phone to the TDM400P card..

My advice would be try it, and if it doesn't work then look at all those
fancy adapters..

Later..